MBA (Chartered Banker) (CBMBA)
Chartered Banker MBA
The Gold Standard in Banking & Financial Services Qualification
The only qualification in the world combining an MBA and Chartered Banker status
from a leading UK Business School*.
戴維斯勳爵 Lord Mervyn Davies
Former Standard Chartered Bank Chairman,
Former UK Trade minister, Bangor University Council Chairman
“This is a new and innovatory MBA for the global banking industry. It combines the high level skills and professional competencies that will be increasingly necessary for the post-crisis banking environment.”
Chartered Banker Institute
Chartered Banker Institute (CIOBS) is the oldest banking institute in the world (established in 1875) and the only professional banking institute in the UK. As at October 2016, the Institute has approximately 29,000 members, with almost 4,000 having the right to use the 'Chartered Banker' designation.
The Chartered Banker Institute is the only institute to award the ‘Chartered Banker’ designation – the gold-standard of financial professionalism to members who have passed the appropriate examinations and are able to maintain their competence through meeting the Institute's annual CPD requirements.
Professional qualifications that are designed to support you
Whether you are new to the sector, and experienced professional who wishes to convert years of experience into a recognised qualification or a line manager seeking new ways to inspire your team, the institute offers professional qualifications that is designed with you in mind. E.g., Chartered Banker Diploma, Associate Chartered Banker Diploma, Professional Banker Diploma, Professional Banker Certificate, etc.
Chartered Banker MBA, offered by the Chartered Banker Institute in association with the Bangor University, is a ground-breaking qualification that allows you to gain the dual award of a top MBA in Banking and Finance and ‘Chartered Banker’ status that can only be awarded by the Chartered Institute of Bankers in Scotland.
Bangor Business School, Bangor University, UK
Established since 1884, the Bangor University enjoys a long tradition of teaching excellence. The Bangor Business School is a leading teaching and research focused business school offering a full range of disciplines from undergraduate to doctoral level. Accreditation Status
The Bangor University is a recognised British public University.
|University of Bangor|| |
|- Ranked 55 out of 129 Universities |
Times Good University Guide, 2018
|- Top 12 Universities for student experience, Times Higher Education, 2017|
|- Gold Standard Award |
Teaching Excellence Framework 2017,
Department of Education, UK
|Bangor University Business School|
- Ranked as one of the leading Universities in Europe;
- Top 25 institutions in the world for its Banking research
(RePEc, September 2016)
The Bangor Business School maintains its close industry linkages through its prestigious Advisory Board of external and leading professionals. The Board includes:
|Lord Mervyn Davies |
Former Chairman of Standard Chartered Bank,
Former UK Trade Minister
Former Chairman of Bangor University Council
|Sir Peter Davis|
Vice-President of Bangor University Council
Former Chief Executive of major FTSE companies, e.g., Predential
Main board director of UBS AG of Zurich
Non-executive director of Boots, Cadbury Schweppes, etc.
Chartered Banker MBA (CBMBA)
- Master of Business Administration (Chartered Banker)
- Chartered Banker
The Chartered Banker Master of Business Administration (CBMBA) is a ground-breaking new qualification that allows you to gain the dual award of a top MBA in Banking and Finance and ‘Chartered Banker’ status that can only be awarded by the Chartered Institute of Bankers in Scotland.
Who will benefit from studying this course?
The programme is aimed at
- managers and executives in banking and financial service industry, or
- those seeking to join the industry, or
- those wishing to extend their knowledge and skills to cope with the change in the ever-evolving global financial services industry.
Why choose The Chartered Banker MBA?
- The Chartered Banker MBA is the only qualification in the UK and globally which allows individuals to gain an MBA as well as 'Chartered Banker' status. CBMBA is the ‘gold standard’ dual award of professionalism in banking.
- The programme combines generic MBA disciplines (e.g., marketing, HR, strategic management, etc.) with modern banking and finance subjects (e.g., risk management, credit and lending, financial crises, etc.)
- Exemptions for up to 50% of the programme are given to holders of professional banking qualifications and recognised MBA’s
- The learning experience brings together high level skills and knowledge from an internationally recognised university and centre of research excellence with the professional and managerial competencies of a world leading professional institution. Tutors are considered experts in their field and regularly contribute to industry publications.
- Blended learning delivery allows flexibility to study around work commitments and the degree can be completed in two years.
- Bangor has long been recognised as one of the major European University centres in the areas of accounting, banking and finance, and was ranked No.1 for research in accounting and finance in the UK Government's Research Assessment Exercise (RAE) 2008.
Chartered Banker MBA:
- Holders of good first degree + at least three years relevant management experience; or
- an approved professional qualification + at least three years relevant management experience; or
- candidates who do not have a formal degree and/or professional qualification, but have several years of approved management experience.
Accelerated route - Accounting Qualified
- e.g., ACCA or equivalent
Accelerated route - Banking Professionally Qualified:
- Holders of approved professional banking qualification
e.g., Chartered Banker, HKIB, IFS
Super Accelerated route:
- Holders of recognised MBA or its equivalent
- Suitably qualified bankers and accountants with senior executive level experience may also be considered for this route, on a case by case basis.
Application for respective accelerated routes / exemption will be considered on individual basis.
1 to 2 years, depending on students' study pace and route of study
to access sample materials (e.g., welcome pack, study guide, assessment guide, module director's video, etc.)
|Compulsory Module:||40% assignment and 60% examination|
|Elective Module:||100% research project (5,000 words)|
Apr 2018 term (open now)
Oct 2018 term (open now)
Application and EnquiriesFor detailed information on the course and application procedures, please contact us
- online by click here
- by phone at 3482 8241 / 3482 8251
- by email at email@example.com Special Offers
Special offer is available to members of following professional bodies
- ACCA Members Click here for details
Graduates of the Chartered Banker MBA can achieve for MBA, Chartered Banker and MCIBS designation.Fast-track route for Chartered Bankers to become Certified Bankers of HKIB under the Mutual Recognition Agreement 2017.
"Chartered Banker" designation holders are able to join the Hong Kong Institute of Bankers (HKIB) and use the "Certified Banker" designation after studying and passing an examination in one HKIB CB Module: "Banking Law and Practice", which provides practitioners with a sound knowledge of the banking sector in Hong Kong and Mainland China.
For details, please click here Student/Graduate Recognition on Chartered Banker Qualification
"Multi-qualifications often pave a better way to success for professionals in this knowledge-based economy. It's just a step ahead for accountants to obtain the Chartered Banker designation, a premier banking and finance qualification in modern business world."
Alex Leung, MCIBS, Chartered BankerWho are studying our Chartered Banker programme and where do they come from?
Tutor, Business Banking, Chartered Banker Programme
Currently, we have Chartered Banker students station in Hong Kong, Mainland China and Macau.
These students are professionals who are working in public listed companies / private limited companies / banks / the Gov't of HKSAR (Office of the Commissioner of Insurance, Treasury) / NGO (Hospital Authority).
They are in position of 'Accounting Officer', ''Chief Executive Officer', 'Consultant', 'Director', 'Financial Controller', 'Head of Accounting', 'Head of Risk Management', 'Insurance Officer', 'Senior Manager - Investment', etc.News and Media Reports- Please visit our "News" section for updated news and media reports
- Why would you even consider the world's highest Banking qualification (a duel Masters and Professional level Post Graduate Degree) for yourself or your key people?
Application and EnquiriesSUCCESS was appointed as partner by the Bangor University (UK) to provide student recruitment and advisory services on the Chartered Banker MBA in Hong Kong since October 2013. This is a unique and innovative programme with dual accreditaton from Bangor Business School and the Chartered Banker Institute, UK (CIOBS) .
SUCCESS is able to assist you with all matters relating to your entry to the programme. Applicants who have undertaken previous qualifications may be entitled to entry to one of the Accelerted study routes.
For detailed information on the course and application procedures, please contact us
- online by click here
- by phone at 3482 8241 / 3482 8251
- by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Programme information is correct at time of publish. The University reserves the right to make variations to the programme schedules, contents, information and fees without notice.
It is a matter of discretion for individual employers to recognise any qualification to which this course may lead.
All contents and information, including but not limited to forms and navigation links, are proprietary to Success Institute of Higher Education and Professional Training Limited (Success Institute) and are subjected to copyright protection. Republication, redistribution or unauthorized use of any content or information contained in this website is expressly prohibited without the prior written consent of Success Institute.